9,881 earthquake victims continue to get treatment in Turkiye – Middle East Monitor
Turkey’s Health Minister said on Friday that more than 9,800 earthquake victims are still being treated in hospital, after the two earthquakes struck southern Turkey last month. Anadolu News Agency reports.
“The treatment of our 9,881 earthquake-victim patients is still continuing in hospitals,” Fahrettin Koca said on Twitter, noting that 1,834 of the patients are in intensive care units.
Koca also said that the provinces of Ankara, Istanbul, Adana, Gaziantep and Antalya have the highest number of earthquake-victim patients in the country, adding: “I wish recovery to all our patients. We are doing our best for their recovery. “
Almost 50,000 people were killed in Turkey by the 7.7 and 7.6 earthquakes that struck on February 6, according to officials.
More than 13.5 million people in Turkey were affected by the massive earthquakes that hit the provinces of Kahramanmaras, Hatay, Gaziantep, Adiyaman, Malatya, Adana, Diyarbakir, Kilis, Osmaniye, Sanliurfa and Elazig. , Gaziantep and Elazig.
READ: 9 out of 10 people in Syrian camps are frequently displaced – survey